Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter in Denver

Well, spring may be slow in idaho and utah, but here on the front range, things are absolutely BURSTING! Honestly, it is a little overwhelming. I am pretty sure it is 70 degrees or more outdoors; all the trees are showing leaves; the apple and cherry trees are in full beautiful bloom and wonderfully fragrant; everyone and their mothers are jogging in the park (running is so absurd in some ways!); flowers everywhere; blue sky overhead. Kind of hard to motivate to eat ham and mashed potatoes etc. on this "holiday", but that is what we are planning on doing. I have a road companion, too: Andy, brother of Gilly in Hailey, is trying to get back to wisconsin, so we are having fun and he will join us for easter dinner as well. So there will be eight of us around the table and we will make merry.
I wish you all a lovely easter day, whatever your rituals or religious leanings. I am never against a reason to get together with good friends....
I miss idaho already though. But soon i will be too busy in the garden to think a whole lot.
Lots of love, pickle4 (still am confused with how to log in...)

No comments:

History and Future of a Small Farm

coming soon