Here's the new 1/2 acre plot I had tilled under by neighbor Dave.
Working to improve soil fertility and organic matter in this plot. Maybe plant potatoes in one part of it next year, but the majority of it will go into a rotation of green manures (cover crops), get limed and amended, and hopefully be suitable to grow a full rotation of crops the season after next.
Baby tomatoes...ain't they cute!?
Meanwhile, outside, tulips were blooming. My first go 'round with tulips as cut flowers.
The verdict? Good potential.
This is the little "shade garden" I had tilled last fall, in order to break down sod residue. Early this spring I added compost, amendeded it, and then waited until late June to begin it's summer season of growing cool-craving produce, mostly head lettuce and salad mixes. Spinach, chard, peas, too!
And, the most exciting place of all...the hoop house! At this stage, nights are still cool enough that I cover the seedlings with row cover. The tomatoes are growing fast, and soon it'll be a jungle in there! Tomatoes in July, here we come!
Think of these as the "before" pictures. Check out the updates, in the next post.
2 comments:
Cool!
I just happened to look at this today for the first time in months and you just posted yesterday! Crazy.
Our garden is OUT of control! We have zucchini coming out of our ears.
Post a Comment