Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sign Says


Thanks to the fine custom machine work and craftsmanship of my neighbor, this hunky billboard now marks the spot x where I garden and farm. Mind you, this was no vision of mine. He simply approached me back in November and stated that he wanted to build a sign for me. The large piece of wood that was to be used was the only evidence in his shop of the project soon-to-be. When I returned in the spring, it was all done. Wowsers! It's quite large and has a bit of gothic flair, but you can't say the thing doesn't have charachter, so I'm proudly hanging it!


5 comments:

babyjenks said...

wow! a beautiful sign! hopefully i'll get to see it in person sometime this summer. we'd love to come up and visit. as soon as my schedule is a bit more settled, i'll email you.

xo,
sabe

Alice and Stuart said...

We love it! Especially the window in the middle; genius I tell you. You're not going to know what to do with all those customers :)

Erin said...

wowza is right! Pretty cool, I would say. And so does the sign.

Zac & Marianne said...

That is just gorgeous. And the Two mountain icon is fantastic

Blueberry Farmer said...

Great Sign!

History and Future of a Small Farm

coming soon