I brought a chainsaw to the shop in order to get its e-brake fixed and the clerk jotted on the order form under "Repair Needs" see saw. Hmmm, I thought, it would be nice to pick up a seesaw when the guy called to say it was all done. I haven't been on a seesaw in quite a while, and just the other day I drove by a yard wherein a seesaw sat as part of the swingset. If I had (or made) a seesaw, I would bring it down behind the barn, in close proximity to where my new Hammock is! A birthday gift from the parents, I haven't been this excited about something since I got my tractor. Indeed, farmer Kat gets a hammock in hopes of actually being able to use it this summer. So far I have been aquainted with its sideways nodding bliss all of twenty minutes. But my was it fine. It was the evening of one of the recent blazing hot days, I was simply forced to lose myself in it.
And, while on the topic of seesaws, tonight it might get into the low 30's, while just two nights ago it was a balmy, sleep-with-the-windows-open night that boasted a low of 61 or something crazy. Poe wonders what to do with all his fur. I wonder how to best handle all the seedlings, especially now that many have been potted up, are in effect restless teenagers, waiting to get outside, see the world, feel the soil. In the meantime, they loiter in my apartment, on my kitchen counters, behind the couch, by the windows, in the hoophouse and greenhouse, in coldframes, in my dreams....
No comments:
Post a Comment