Dear Robin,
Many a morning I have walked past your nest at a distance, and admired your fine, tight nest. You watched me too, and when I stepped within that certain distance, you took flight and revealed your three impossibly blue eggs. Just this morning I noticed one egg's smooth blue horizon missing--a delicate body of skin and tuft in the egg's place, a young you.
Problem is, it's getting to be the time when I want to use the manure spreader upon which you have built your nest, cradled in the cogs of gear and crank.
Do I build you a similarly protected platform on a stake and move your nest onto it, a foot away, just nearby? Would you notice?
Or do I wait till all three eggs are hatched and chicks flown?
Please do advise.
Feathers Ruffled,
K
2 comments:
Do the parents dive-bomb you when you get near? That happened to me once, when some birds made a nest in a hole in the barn wall right next to the door to the chicken coop.
That's a tough call. What does Poe say?
They eat all the cherries off our cherry tree sooooooo....quick it'd be small, but you can still make an omelet.
Actually I'd leave them alone, but this is coming from someone with no manure to spread.
Post a Comment